Market Watch

Running Game – Sell. Nebraska was held to only 38 yards Saturday. However, Texas has dropped the value of many a running attack this season, entering the game second in the country, giving up only 47 yards per game. Junior I-back Brandon Jackson looked good on his eight carries, but junior wide receiver Frantz Hardy was NU's second leading rusher with 13 yards off a double reverse on his only carry.

Passing Game – Wait and see. There's something just a little off about Zac Taylor this year. The senior threw for 277 yards but also threw an interception and missed a couple throws he can make. Something about being under constant pass rush, as Taylor was in the second quarter, will do that to a QB.

Defense – Buy. The Blackshirts were behind the eight ball from the word "go" Saturday and held admirably. NU limited the Longhorns to field goals three times after UT entered the red zone and gave the Huskers a good chance for the win.

Special Teams – Sell. Terrence Nunn just had a rough day. Aside from the late fumble, the junior wide receiver decided against fair catching a Texas punt, which ended up rolling to the NU 1-yard-line in the second quarter. Plus, sophomore Jordan Congdon not reaching the end zone on kickoffs was bound to have consequences sooner or later.

Game planBuy. Remember all the flak NU Coach Bill Callahan took for being too conservative at Southern California? Throw that out the window. Callahan's plan provided Nebraska with every chance to win the game. If anything, NU can take comfort in the fact Texas got out-coached Saturday.

Blue Chippers

STEVE OCTAVIEN – JUNIOR LINEBACKER

In his first game back since Nebraska's loss to Southern California on Sept. 16, Octavien notched a game-high 10 tackles for the Cornhuskers. The 6-foot, 235-pound Octavien also shook up the Longhorns' offense, forcing a fumble with less than five minutes to go in the third quarter.

While Texas recovered the fumble, Octavien was on guard, adding two tackles in the next three plays to hold the Longhorns to a missed field goal attempt.

- Katelyn Kerkhove

MAURICE PURIFY – JUNIOR WIDE RECEIVER

The Eureka, Calif., native continued to show why he is one of the Huskers' most dangerous offensive weapons.

The 6-foot-4 210-pounder had only two catches for 84 yards, but it seems like all of Purify's receptions are big.

His career-long 63-yard touchdown in the first quarter was especially impressive. Two Texas defenders collided on the play as Purify broke free for his long run. The score also gave Nebraska a 7-3 lead.

- Ben Gouldsmith

BRANDON JACKSON –

JUNIOR I-BACK

Jackson had 40 of the Huskers' 71 rushing yards, but his biggest run went for passing yards when senior quarterback Zac Taylor zipped a shovel pass to the junior, who broke through the Texas secondary for a 49-yard touchdown to help Nebraska cut the Texas lead to 16-14.

On the day, the Horn Lake, Miss., native totaled 162 all-purpose yards (40 rush, 77 receiving and 45 in kickoff returns).

- Evan Bland

The Ticker

0 – The number of times Nebraska has beaten Texas in four all-time meetings at Memorial Stadium

1.6 – NU's average yard per rush Saturday

45.6 – Average yardage of the Cornhuskers three touchdown passes

5 – The number of times Texas fumbled, losing only one