- Dahrran Diedrick, despite the co-No. 1 tag, said he expected to carry the ball 25 times against ASU. Diedrick was left disappointed, as he rushed only 18 times for 79 yards. His longest carry was 15 yards. - Nebraska remained undefeated in preseason games, extending its record to 6-0. - NU middle linebacker Barrett Ruud, in his first career start, recorded a team-high eight tackles. Ruud, a true sophomore, played behind Jamie Burrow in 2001.- Linebacker Demorrio Williams' athletic ability brings back memories of Terrell Farley. His opening game is comparable, too. In 1995, Farley intercepted a pass and scored against Oklahoma State. Saturday, Williams blocked a punt, resulting in a touchdown return by Scott Shanle. - Jammal Lord's first career start compared favorably to Eric Crouch, Scott Frost and Tommie Frazier's first games at quarterback. Lord rushed for 103 yards on 17 carries. None of the other three had more than 72 yards (Frazier in 1992).- The Black Coaches Association Classic game was the first time ESPN covered a Nebraska home game since Nov. 7, 1992. That night, the Huskers defeated Kansas 49-7. - Arizona State quarterback Chad Christensen, in his first career start, was just six-of-16 for 77 yards. Christensen lived in Lincoln.- Two Cornhuskers suffered injuries against ASU. Junior guard Junior Tagoa'i broke a thumb, and redshirt freshman Jared Helming tore knee ligaments and will need surgery.