n-ccmobileapp

Editor's Note: This story has been updated.

As part of our Curious Cornhuskers initiative, an anonymous reader asked The Daily Nebraskan, “When is the mobile app going to reopen use for Chick-fil-A or Steak ‘n Shake?”

After a semester of uncertainty regarding the Nebraska Union Steak ‘n Shake, the restaurant will finally expand its hours, with plans to launch mobile orders still on hold.

Nebraska’s only Steak ‘n Shake location began running in a 6-hour window Monday Nov. 14th, and is now operating from 11 a.m. to 5 p. m. on weekdays. It was previously open for 3 hours each day due to staffing issues.

The Transact Mobile Ordering app intended to begin accepting orders between 1 and 5 p.m., beginning Wednesday, Nov. 16, but this was indefinitely delayed due to an undetermined date due to technical difficulties, according to Dave Annis, the director of University of Nebraska-Lincoln Dining Services.

The Transact Mobile Ordering app currently accepts mobile Chick-fil-A orders, however, it only allows a certain amount of orders at once before it stops taking them.

According to University of Nebraska-Lincoln Dining Services Director David Annis, the store has an initial influx of orders when it opens at 11 a.m. and has to close mobile ordering until the orders are prepared. Because Chick-fil-A prioritizes serving fresh food, orders must be made as close to service as possible, according to Annis. 

curiouscornhuskers@dailynebraskan.com