s-fbmedia

Scott Frost responds to reporters during the first spring football press conference at Memorial Stadium on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

As Nebraska football heads into its third week of spring practice, the depth chart is beginning to take shape. With just under three weeks remaining until spring ball ends with the annual Red-White spring game, here are four players who have impressed thus far in spring practice:

Cameron Jurgens, Center

A 3-star recruit from Beatrice, Jurgens appeared in just one game as a tight end in 2018 before transitioning to center before the end of the season. Despite breaking his foot in October, Jurgens still made strides in putting on weight and learning his new role in the offense. Instead of leaving for spring break last week, Jurgens remained in Lincoln and worked with offensive line coach Greg Austin throughout the week. The redshirt freshman also received praise from head coach Scott Frost.

“Cam Jurgens is a guy with a ton of talent,” Frost said. “We’re going to take it as slow with him as we need to.”

Wan’Dale Robinson, Wide Receiver/Running Back

The subject of one of the most dramatic recruiting battles in recent memory, Husker fans were left spinning after Robinson unexpectedly chose to commit to Kentucky over Nebraska on Nov. 1. However, he flipped his commitment a month later and arrived in Lincoln with a certain big-play ability that showed immediately.

"You know some guys, they just have that look," running backs coach Ryan Held said on March 5. "There's a certain demeanor about him where you're like, 'This guy's a dude.' You just know it. He fits in that category."

While Robinson’s talent has been on display, the Nebraska coaching staff is still unsure about how to best utilize his skills. At Nebraska’s spring media day, Frost said he anticipates Robinson will be primarily used as a receiver but expects him to play multiple positions.

JoJo Domann, Outside Linebacker/Defensive Back

Domann, another player who could fit into multiple positions for the Huskers, entered the season as a safety but ultimately saw time at linebacker, including two starts as an outside linebacker in November. After suffering injuries throughout most of his college career, Domann entered spring practice healthy for the first time in three seasons.

“It’s amazing to have my body back, to not have to worry about the actual movements and just being able to play football,” Domann said. “It’s a blessing for sure.”

Domann gained weight this offseason to get up to 230 pounds, and although he slots in as an outside linebacker in most defensive sets, defensive backs coach Travis Fisher said Domann still spends time with the secondary group as well.

After making an impact late in the 2018 season, Domann will be expected to step up as a potential starter this year.

Trent Hixson, Offensive Line

A sophomore walk-on from Omaha Skutt, Hixson played in four games as a backup guard last season. Despite a new crop of scholarship offensive linemen joining the program, Hixson practiced with the top offensive line unit as the team’s starting left guard. The 6-foot-4, 300-pound guard impressed offensive line coach Greg Austin with his effort and determination in practice.

“He plays with his hair on fire,” Austin said on March 11. “There’s always going to be technique things that you’re working on. Always. The hardest thing to coach is effort.”

Austin said Hixson is a better run blocker than pass blocker right now, and the coaching staff is currently working on improving those pass-blocking skills. While the starters along the offensive line are still up in the air, a walk-on leading the line is not out of the question with Hixson.

Nebraska continues with spring practice from March 27 to April 10 ahead of the Red-White game on Saturday, April 13, at 1 p.m.