Sports Sig

Two Nebraska football players were ticketed by Lincoln Police after a traffic stop on Friday around 8 p.m. 

The car was driven by Marquel Dismuke, 21, and was stopped because the vehicle’s front license plate was missing, Lincoln police spokeswoman Angela Sands said in an Omaha World-Herald article.

She also said the officers discovered that Dismuke was driving with a suspended license and had a previous conviction for driving under suspension.

Dismuke was cited on suspicion of driving under suspension and released, while the car was towed, according to Sands. 

Officers also found Dismuke’s passenger and fellow teammate, Jeramiah Stovall, 21, in possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. Stovall was cited and released. 

Sands said both players were cooperative with officers.

A Nebraska Athletics spokesperson said that the department is aware of the incident and is addressing the situation.

This is the third incident between the Nebraska football team and law enforcement during the offseason. 

The first incident occurred on June 4, after the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police Department cited Husker running back Maurice Washington for suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia. Husker freshman wide receiver and running back Wan Dale Robinson was cited on suspicion of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana by UNLPD on June 9.