s-volleyball

Three members of the Nebraska volleyball team earned spots on the AVCA All-North Region team on Dec. 4.

Senior outside hitter Mikaela Foecke, senior defensive specialist Kenzie Maloney and sophomore middle blocker Lauren Stivrins earned selections to the all-region team, while freshman setter Nicklin Hames received an honorable mention.

With the selection to the all-region team, Foecke, Maloney and Stivrins are eligible for next week’s AVCA All-America awards. Last week, the trio was named to the All-Big Ten team.

The selection marks Foecke’s fourth consecutive AVCA All-Region honor. Foecke joins Sarah Pavan and Kadie Rolfzen as the only Huskers to earn four all-region honors.

This season, Foecke leads the Huskers with an average of 3.74 kills per set, the highest average since Kelsey Robinson’s 4.45 in 2013.

She also averages 2.63 digs a set and has a team-high 42 service aces.

Foecke earned four Big Ten Player of the Week awards this season and currently sits in fourth place on Nebraska’s career kills list and eighth on its career aces list.

Additionally, she is one of 10 finalists for this year’s NCAA Senior CLASS Award.

Maloney, one of the team’s co-captains, earned her first all-region honor this season. She leads the Huskers with an average of 4.07 digs per set and helped the team hold opponents to a .132 hitting percentage this season, the lowest in the country.

Maloney ranks sixth on the Nebraska career digs list and posted a career-best 25 digs twice this season. Maloney also ranks third on the team in services aces with 35.

Stivrins also earned her first all-region honor. She’s been named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week twice this season and the Big Ten Player of the Week once. She averages 2.29 kills a set and leads the team with a .411 hitting percentage, good for fifth-best in the country and the highest individual hitting percentage at Nebraska since Tracy Stalls hit .473 in 2007.

Hames made the All-Big Ten Freshman team and earned an all-region honorable mention. She averaged 10.32 assists and 3.28 digs per set this season and is second on the team with 38 service aces. Hames has a team-high 21 double-doubles this season, the second-best mark at Nebraska in the rally-scoring era behind only Jordan Larson’s 22 in 2006.