Nebraska vs. South Alabama Photo 20

Lamar Jackson (21) attempts to block a pass during the game against South Alabama on Saturday, Aug. 31, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Husker seniors Lamar Jackson, Carlos Davis and Khalil Davis have accepted invites to the East-West Shrine Bowl, Nebraska football announced Monday. 

The Shrine Bowl is an annual college football all-star game featuring eligible college seniors, and the game is played between players from colleges on the Western side of the United States and the Eastern side. The game is sponsored by Shriners international, and some of the proceeds are donated to the Shriners Hospital for Children.

Jackson, a cornerback, had a successful 2019 campaign for the Huskers. He recorded 40 tackles, four for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and three interceptions, all career highs. Jackson also had 12 pass breakups and 15 passes defended, both of which ranked top 15 in the country. 

Jackson was a top contributor in the Blackshirts’ No. 35 ranked pass defense. The Huskers allowed just 200.8 yards per game through the air this season, their best mark since 2012.

Twin brothers Carlos and Khalil Davis also had strong seasons on Nebraska’s defensive line. The two combined for 77 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. Khalil had the stronger season, racking up 45 tackles, 11 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Carlos Davis also has a fumble recovery on the season.

The East-West Shrine Bowl will take place on Jan. 8, 2020, in St. Petersburg, Florida.