Sports Sig

Nebraska forwards Isaiah Roby and James Palmer Jr. were invited to NBA pre-draft events, the NBA announced Wednesday morning.

Roby was one of 66 players invited to the 2019 NBA Draft Combine that will take place from May 16-17. Palmer Jr. was one of 40 NBA hopefuls invited to the 2019 G League Elite Camp which will take place in Chicago from May 12-14.

Roby declared for the draft after averaging 11.8 points per game, 6.9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks and 1.3 steals last season. He is currently projected by multiple mock drafts to be a second-round pick. However, Roby still has a year of eligibility left and has the option to return for his senior year. If he chooses to return, he must do so before the NCAA’s May 29 deadline.

Palmer Jr. led the Huskers in scoring last year with 19.7 points per game, 4.2 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.4 steals. He also earned third team All-Big Ten honors.

Despite missing out on the initial combine invite, Palmer Jr. still has a chance to join Roby. A select number of draft-eligible players from the G League Elite Camp will be chosen to participate in the NBA Combine as well if they are impressive enough during the camp.

Palmer Jr. does not have the opportunity to return to the Huskers, as he has graduated.

The NBA combine will be broadcast on May 16 and 17 from 3-7 p.m. on ESPN2.