Rhonda Revelle

Softball coach Rhonda Revelle talks strategy with sophomore Tristen Edwards at third base against Bellevue at Bowlin Stadium on Oct. 19, 2017. Edwards had two hits, including a grand slam.

After months of internal review, Nebraska director of athletics Bill Moos reinstated Rhonda Revelle as head coach of the Husker softball team.

“Our student-athletes’ well-being will always be the top priority at the University of Nebraska,” Moos said in a statement. “Members of our softball team brought forward concerns regarding Coach Revelle and we took their concerns very seriously and initiated a comprehensive review.”

At the end of May, an undisclosed number of both current and recent former players raised concerns about how Revelle had treated them to Moos and his staff. Those allegations have not yet been specified or made public.

“After reviewing the findings, I have concluded that Coach Revelle will continue to lead our softball program,” Moos said. “Coach Revelle and her staff understand the seriousness of the student-athlete concerns and are committed to providing a complete and positive student-athlete experience on the field, in the classroom and in life.”

With the news, Revelle will return to the Husker dugout for her 26th season. She took over the program in 1993 and has 989 career wins. She was inducted into the NFCA Hall of Fame in 2010.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve as the Head Coach of the University of Nebraska Softball Team,” she said in a statement. “I also want both to recognize and thank the University of Nebraska leadership for their steadfast commitment to and unwavering support of this softball program.”