Tyler Loontjer

Tyler Loontjer pole vaults on Dec. 9, 2017, at the Bob Devaney Sports Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The Nebraska track and field team returns to action this weekend in Colorado Springs, Colorado, as the Huskers participate in the Air Force Invitational on Friday, Jan. 26 and Saturday, Jan. 27.

The Air Force Academy Falcons should be a challenge for the Huskers this weekend.

They won six events at the Potts Indoor invitational, highlighted by senior Tyler Koss who posted the fifth-fastest 400-meter time in program history with a time of 47.57 seconds. The women’s 4x400-meter relay finished with the sixth-fastest time in school history with a 3:51.81.

The Falcons also won six events at the Air Force Team challenge en route to a second-place finish for the men and fourth-place finish for the women.

Other teams competing this weekend include Colorado, Northern Colorado and  San Jose State. The San Jose State squad is led by sophomore Destiny Longmire, who has already set two school records this season in the women’s long jump and the women’s 60-meter dash.

The meet takes place at the Cadet Field House Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field Complexes in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Action starts at 2 p.m. on Friday and continues into Saturday, starting at noon.