Bowling - 1.27.20

Nebraska's Allison Morris bowls during the Big Red Invitational at Sun Valley Lanes on Saturday, March 2, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The Nebraska bowling team won one of three matches on the final day of the Columbia 300 Saints Invitational, finishing fourth in the 20-team field. 

The Huskers opened the event with a win over North Central College (IL) but lost their next two matches. A pair of wins against Augustana College (IL) and Louisiana Tech salvaged a 3-2 record and left the Huskers in eighth place after the first day of competition. 

On the second day of action, NU dropped its first match against Sam Houston State but won its next four and entered Sunday’s championship bracket in third place. 

In the individual standings, three Huskers finished in the top 10. Senior Raquel Orozco placed third with a 212 average and a high game of 267. Sophomore Cassidy Ray finished fifth, posting a 209.4 average. Ray broke 200 in each of the last three games, highlighted by a 289 in the fourth game. 

Junior Leah Glazer rounded out the top 10 with a 206 average. She broke 200 three times and never bowled lower than a 189. 

Junior Michelle Guarro recorded a 197.8 average and finished in 17th. Guarro broke 200 twice with a high game of 238. Additionally, redshirt freshman Kendyl Hofmeister averaged a 185.5 over four games with a high of 213, while senior Allison Morris bowled a 193 in her lone individual game. 

The Huskers opened Sunday’s championship bracket with a four-game sweep of Wisconsin-Whitewater before losing 4-0 to Arkansas State. The loss dropped NU to the third-place match, where it faced a rematch with Wisconsin-Whitewater. This time, the Warhawks beat the Huskers in five games to finish third, while the Huskers took fourth. 

The Huskers return to action on Jan. 31, when they hit the lanes for the Prairie View A&M Invitational in Arlington, Texas.