s-beachvolleyball

Megan Miller (16) attacks the ball during the match against Ottawa on Friday, March 8, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The Nebraska beach volleyball team extended its winning streak to eight games after dominating Ottawa over the weekend.

Nebraska swept Ottawa 5-0 in both matches over the weekend at home and improves to 9-1 as a team.

The first duo to play in Friday’s match were freshmen Callie Schwarzenbach and Megan Miller. The pair defeated Ottawa’s team of Collins and Huesmman, winning the two matches 21-9 and 21-10.

In Saturday’s match against Ottawa, Capri Davis replaced Schwarzenbach as Miller’s partner. The new pair did not skip a beat, as they swept Ottawa’s Mitchell and Van Eck 21-11 and 21-7.

The next duo to play on Friday was freshman Nicklin Hames and junior Lauren Strivins, who won both games and swept Ottawa. Hames and Strivens dominated on Friday, beating Ottawa’s Fletcher and Skipper 21-3 and 21-5.

In a closer match, Hames and Strivins swept Cox and Jackson on Saturday. The Huskers won the first set 21-11 and the second set 21-19, the closest set for Nebraska over the weekend.

Freshman Kenzie Knuckles and sophomore Jazz Sweet were the third pair to play on Friday and secured the match win for Nebraska. Against Ottawa’s duo Cox and Jackson, Knuckles and Sweet won 21-9 and 21-10. On Saturday, Knuckles and Sweet swept Ottawa’s Freeman and Thraps 21-7 and 21-15.

Nebraska’s sophomore duo of Anezka Szabo and Hayley Densberger were the fourth team to play on Friday and won both sets 21-8 against Ottawa’s Bauer and Toton.

On Saturday, Szabo and Densberger won with scores of 21-9 and 21-6 against Ottawa’s Taton and Thomas.

The last Nebraska pair to play on Friday was junior Mari Kurkova and incoming recruit Madi Kubik. Similar to their teammates, Kurkova and Kubik beat down Ottawa’s Freeman and Tharps 21-7 and 21-16.

On Saturday, Kurkova and Kubik acquired the match win against Ottawa, as they were the third pair to play. Kurkova and Kubik won 21-12 and 21-15 against Ottawa’s Fletcher and Skipper, bringing Nebraska to a 9-1 record on the season.

Nebraska has one more home match against Park University on March 11, before traveling to Hawaii on March 14, to play Chaminade University.