Sports Sig

Nebraska sophomore guard Amir Harris and redshirt freshman guard Karrington Davis have entered the transfer portal, the Omaha World-Herald confirmed Wednesday morning.

Both players were told by head coach Fred Hoiberg over the weekend that they would no longer have a spot on the team, according the the Omaha World-Herald.

Harris averaged 2.2 points per game and 2.5 rebounds per game last year, but he was important down the stretch. In the last five regular season games, he averaged six points per game and 4.6 rebounds before missing the Big Ten Tournament with a knee injury.

Karrington Davis did not play for the Huskers last year, as he was out for the season after a torn achilles in October 2018.

Harris and Davis are the fifth and sixth players from Nebraska’s roster last year to announce they would be entering the transfer portal. The two will follow junior guard Thomas Allen, junior guard Nana Akenten, freshman guard Justin Costello and freshman forward Brady Heiman. Heiman was also told by Hoiberg that he was not in Nebraska’s plans for next season.

The Huskers graduated five seniors, which leaves Nebraska with three possible returning players. One of those players is forward Isaiah Roby, who has declared for the NBA draft but has the option to return to the Huskers for his senior season.

If Roby leaves, that leaves the Huskers with junior guards Thorir Thorbjarnarson and Dachon Burke Jr. Thorbjarnarson has already announced he would be returning, while Burke Jr. also is likely to stay.