s-creightonpreview

Nebraska catcher, Luke Roskam (25), swings at a pitch during the Cornhuskers' match against Creighton at Hawks Field on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Nebraska baseball (22-13) will look to get back-to-back wins when it takes on in-state rival Creighton (22-8) Tuesday, April 23, at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha.

Nebraska is coming off a stretch of five games in six days, going 2-3 over the period and most recently beating Omaha at Werner Park 8-5. Going into the final game of their season series with Creighton, the Huskers look to take the series, as they won the first game by a score of 6-3, while Creighton took the second by a score of 10-2.

Jake Holton leads the Bluejays on offense with a .402 batting average, 45 hits, nine home runs and 34 RBIs. Junior pitcher Mitch Ragan will take the mound for the Bluejays and comes into the game with a record of 6-1 and ERA of 4.12.

Leading Nebraska on the offensive side is sophomore outfielder Aaron Palensky, who is currently batting .329 with 47 hits and 21 RBIs. On the mound for Nebraska is senior pitcher Ethan Frazier, who has an ERA of 7.11 with three walks and two strikeouts on the season.

The Huskers look to regain momentum after their first conference-series loss over the weekend against Iowa, losing two out of three to the Hawkeyes.  

Senior Angelo Altavilla is seven RBIs away from reaching 100 career RBIs. Nebraska has seen some great performances from newcomers this year, as Colby Gomes (March 4) and Cam Chick (April 8) have both earned recent Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors.

The game is set for 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network and Husker Sports Radio.