Husker baseball team

The Husker baseball team before the game against Kansas State on March 28, 2017, at Hawks Field in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Nebraska baseball’s annual Fan Fest is set for Friday, Feb. 2, at the Hawks Championship Center.

The recurring event gives fans a chance to meet the incoming Husker baseball team. Fans can interact with players and get autographs.

The Huskers are the reigning Big Ten regular-season champions, with a 35-22-1 record from last season. The team went 16-7-1 in the Big Ten during 2017.

Nebraska returns Luis Alvarado and Scott Schreiber, who were both elected to return for their last season after being drafted in the 2017 MLB Draft. However, field player Jake Meyers elected to join the professional league after being drafted in the 13th round by the Houston Astros. Alvarado and Schreiber were drafted in the 13th and 26th rounds, respectively.

For this year’s Fan Fest, the first 1,000 fans to arrive get free hot dogs.

The event will also have inflatables and games, and it will be concluded with the official announcement of the 2018 team.

The event is free and open to the public.

The Nebraska baseball team kicks off its season on Feb. 16 at the Husker Classic in Tempe, Arizona. The home opener is on March 8 against Cal Poly at Hawks Field at 1:35 p.m.

The Fan Fest kicks off at 6 p.m. at Hawks Championship Center on Friday and continues until 8 p.m.