John Cook

John Cook speaks at a press conference on Nov. 5, 2017, at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Nebraska volleyball received letters of intent from four highly rated prospects in the 2018 class on Wednesday, Nov. 8, the first day of the fall signing period.

Capri Davis, Nicklin Hames, Megan Miller and Callie Schwarzenbach all signed to play volleyball for Nebraska and head coach John Cook. Davis and Hames were named Under Armour first-team All Americans last week, and Miller was named as an honorable mention. Schwarzenbach is thought of as a top-10 national recruit.

At 6-foot-1, Davis is both a middle blocker and an outside hitter for Lake Ridge High School in Mansfield, Texas. She finished her high school career with almost 1,400 kills and over 500 blocks. The country’s 21st ranked recruit led her school the quarterfinals of the Texas 5A tournament.

Hames is a 5-foot-11 setter from Webb School in Knoxville, Tennessee. She played for her mother at the school and was named the Tennessee state tournament’s most valuable player four times. The top-ranked setter and fourth-ranked recruit overall is friends with current Nebraska freshman Chesney McClellan.

Miller comes to Nebraska from Alexandria-Monroe High School in Alexandria, Indiana. The 5-foot-7 libero led her school to the Indiana 2A semifinals and her club team, Munciana Samurai, won the AAU U18 National Championship. She is the 55th-ranked overall recruit and the fourth-ranked libero. Miller also played as a hitter in high school, but will play libero at Nebraska.

Schwarzenbach is a 6-foot-4 middle blocker from Kearney High School in Kearney, Missouri. She is considered a top-10 national recruit and was named to the Missouri 4A all-state first team. Schwarzenbach also plays basketball and runs track.

In an interview with Huskers.com coach Cook said he likes how the four ladies will step into the program next year.

“They all fill needs that we will have after our seniors graduate,” Cook said. “Each player has the ability to play as a freshman. Most importantly, they all come from great families and will be great fits in our program.”