Reimers 2

Bryan Reimers, a sophomore Nebraska football walkon wide receiver, celebrates after scoring a touchdown to put Nebraska up 21-20 against Oregon.

On Wednesday, the Nebraska football team awarded scholarships to Luke McNitt, Brian Reimers, Cole Conrad, Austin Rose, Connor Ketter and Tyler Hoppes, according to Sean Callahan of Rivals.com

All six of the players who received scholarships are Nebraska natives and three made significant contributions to the team a season ago. McNitt is a Kearney native, who played quarterback at Nebraska-Kearney before transferring to walk-on at NU. Last season, McNitt served as the team’s starting fullback and was a part of numerous special teams units. He had two carries for four yards and made 10 total tackles as a special teamer appearing in all 13 games.

Reimers is a Lincoln East graduate who famously scored a touchdown on his first career catch against Oregon in September. The 6-foot-5 wideout finished the season with five catches for 75 yards and has two seasons of eligibility left.

Finally, there’s Conrad, who because of injury saw significant action on the offensive line. The Fremont native played all over the offensive line, but primarily played right tackle.

Rose, a running back, is a graduate of Lincoln North Star high school who has yet to appear in a game in his first two seasons at NU.

Ketter is a senior tight end out of Norfolk Catholic high school who after not playing in his first two seasons, played in nine games in 2016 as a special teamer.

Hoppes is another senior tight end who hopes to see playing time after the graduation of Cethan Carter, Sam Cotton and Trey Foster. Hoppes was a standout at Lincoln Southwest before playing one season and catching five passes at Wayne State before transferring to NU.