s-teamhonors

Stanley Morgan Jr. (8) heads downfield during the game against Iowa on Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, Iowa. Morgan Jr. became the first official wide receiver in Nebraska program history to record 1,000 yards in a single season.

The 2019 NFL Draft is not for about another month and a half. However, with senior bowls, the NFL Combine and Nebraska football’s pro day in the rearview mirror, it’s time to take a look at the draft outlooks for former Huskers.

The 2018 NFL Draft marked the 56th consecutive year at least one former Husker has been drafted. That streak is likely to continue this year, as both wide receiver Stanley Morgan Jr. and running back Devine Ozigbo have garnered attention from NFL scouts.

Morgan Jr. was the only former Husker invited to this year’s NFL Combine, where he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 seconds and the 20-yard shuttle in 4.13 seconds. He also participated in receiving drills at Nebraska’s pro day.

Morgan Jr. was a unanimous Second Team All-Big Ten selection last season after catching 70 passes for 1,004 yards and seven touchdowns. He ended his Husker career with 189 receptions for 2,747 yards and 22 touchdowns and also became the first Husker wideout to record 1,000 receiving yards in a season.

Ozigbo also has a good chance to hear his name called during the draft following a breakout senior season. Following a slow start to the season, he ran for 150 yards or more in four of the team’s final nine games and became the school’s first 1,000-yard rusher since Ameer Abdullah in 2014. He finished his senior season with 155 carries for 1,082 yards and 12 touchdowns while averaging seven yards per carry.

He earned a Third Team All-Big Ten selection from the media and was an All-Big Ten honorable mention from the coaches. He also earned an invitation to the 2019 East-West Shrine Game, where he reportedly had a strong week of practice before recording four carries for 14 yards and a touchdown during the game.

Ozigbo, who logged 419 carries for 2,196 yards and 21 touchdowns during his time in Lincoln, unofficially ran the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds during the school’s pro day. He also recorded 19 reps on the bench press.

Another former Husker who has helped his draft stock is offensive lineman Tanner Farmer. Farmer impressed during the Huskers’ pro day, turning in 39 reps on the bench press, which would have tied for first at the combine. He also recorded a 9-foot-10 broad jump, which would have been the highest at the combine.

Linebacker Dedrick Young also turned in a strong performance at the pro day. Young ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds, which would have been the sixth-fastest time for linebackers at the combine. He also recorded 26 reps on the bench press.

Young finished his collegiate career with 273 total tackles, including 12.5 tackles for loss and two sacks. He also intercepted one pass and forced a fumble during his time as a Husker.

In total, 12 former Huskers participated in front of scouts from 29 NFL teams at Nebraska’s pro day. Other Huskers who could either be drafted or sign as undrafted free agents include defensive back Antonio Reed, offensive lineman Jerald Foster, linebacker Luke Gifford, defensive lineman Freedom Akinmoladun and safety Tre Neal.