Mikaela Foecke against Illinois

Mikaela Foecke (2) digs the ball during a match against Illinois at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Oct. 27, 2018, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The Big Ten named its All-Conference volleyball teams Wednesday afternoon and five Huskers made the list.

Senior outside hitter Mikaela Foecke, senior libero Kenzie Maloney and sophomore middle blocker Lauren Stivrins were named to the All-Big Ten First Team. Freshman middle blocker Callie Schwarzenbach and freshman setter Nicklin Hames garnered All-Big Ten Freshman Team honors. Senior setter Brooke Smith received a Big Ten Volleyball Sportsmanship Award.

Foecke was unanimously selected for the All-Conference First Team for the second season in a row. The two-time national champion led all Huskers with 3.72 kills per set, which also ranked seventh in the Big Ten. She also had the most service aces of any Husker with 38.

Maloney made her first appearance on the All-Big Ten First Team. She led Nebraska with 4.07 digs per set this season. The libero came into her own as a leader as a co-captain of a Husker defense that is holding opponents to an average hitting percentage of .130, the best in the nation.

Stivrins’ exceptional play on both offense and defense helped her to the All-Big Ten First Team for the first time in her career. The sophomore led the Huskers and ranked third in the conference in hitting percentage with a mark of .401. She also averaged 1.21 blocks per set this season, second best on the team and fifth best in the Big Ten.

Schwarzenbach led Nebraska in blocking, averaging 1.43 blocks per set, good enough for second in the conference. As a team, Nebraska finished second in the conference with 2.83 blocks per set, trailing only Penn State, which averaged 2.86 blocks per set. Schwarzenbach needs just two blocks to break the freshman record of 160 blocks per set in 2004 by Tracy Stalls.

Hames averaged 10.28 assists this season, finishing seventh in the conference in that category. She also showed off her defensive skills by averaging 3.31 digs per set in 2018 and had 21 double-doubles this season.

The Huskers start postseason play this Friday against Hofstra at the Bob Devaney Sports Center. The NCAA Tournament first round match will start at 7 p.m. and will air on NET and stream on BTN2Go.