Scott Frost March 11, 2019

Nebraska football head coach Scott Frost speaks to the media about the status of Nebraska running back Maurice Washington III during a press conference at Hawks Championship Center on Monday, March 11, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

This story was updated at 11:33 a.m. on March 11 to include quotes from head football coach Scott Frost.
This story was updated at 11:42 a.m. on March 11 to include the court date reported by the Omaha World-Herald.
This story was updated at 1:40 p.m. on March 11 to include quotes from Maurice Washington's lawyer.

Nebraska running back Maurice Washington III is in California today being processed for his charges of distributing child pornography and sending “revenge porn,” according to head football coach Scott Frost.

"He's in California getting processed today," Frost said in a press conference. "... I know he wanted to get out there and surrender and satisfy the warrant as quickly as they could."

Washington is set to go to court on April 10, according to the Omaha World-Herald.

Frost said he has met with Washington individually about how he will behave moving forward, but is currently keeping the situation at arm’s length.

In a press release, Washington's lawyer, John Ball, said Washington will continue to cooperate with authorities.

"As we move through this process, Mr. Washington will continue to focus on all of his responsibilities and commitments," Ball said. "Due process in our legal system often takes time and patience, and we must respect that process."

Washington is being charged in connection to a video recorded in 2016, depicting the victim, who was 15 at the time, engaging in sexual acts with two male classmates.

Washington is not in the video nor did he record it, according to the report, but was in possession of the video and sent it to the victim in 2018.

The report states Washington sent the video to the victim, who was a former girlfriend and classmate, in 2018 with a message saying “Remember this hoe [sic].” The victim’s step-mother reported the message to the Santa Clara County Sheriff Department.

Washington’s attorney, John C. Ball, released a statement in February announcing his client’s self-surrender.

“This will be a self-surrender, not an arrest,” Ball said in a statement to 1011 NOW.

Washington is expected to be back in Lincoln later tonight.

Matt Hardesty contributed to the reporting of this story. This story will be updated as information becomes available.