Sports Sig

Nebraska named Lisa Johnson the new head coach of the Nebraska women's golf program, according to an announcement made by Husker Athletic Director Bill Moos on Monday, June 17.

"I am extremely pleased that Lisa Johnson will be guiding the Nebraska women’s golf program," Moos said. "She is a proven winner and a fierce competitor who relates well with her players. I have admired Lisa’s body of work for some time and truly believe that she has what it takes to compete for championships."

From 2007 to 2019, Johnson was the head coach at the University of Idaho. She is the fourth head coach of Nebraska’s women’s golf program in its 45-year history.

Johnson coached at Boise State from 2002 to 2007 prior to coaching for Idaho, where she was a graduate assistant from 2000 to 2001.

Johnson will replace 32-season head coach Robin Krapfl, who announced her retirement in May.

Johnson led Idaho to three NCAA regional appearances while in Moscow in 2010, 2016 and 2018. Her teams finished second in the conference five more times in 2009, 2012, 2014 at the Western Athletic Conference and in 2017 and 2019 at Big Sky.

She is a two-time WAC Coach of the Year, named in 2010 and 2012. Additionally, she earned PGA Class A Professional status in 2016.

Johnson tutored two-time All-American Kayla Mortellaro to three WAC Player of the Year honors and a WAC Freshman of the Year award.

“I am committed to developing players and providing a comprehensive student-athlete experience, which includes competing at a high level and reaching the postseason,” Johnson said. “With Nebraska’s rich tradition of excellence and strong community support, I believe we will achieve those goals.”