harmon-headshot

Just like that, another summer has come and gone. While for some the quick passing of another vacation season makes them feel cheated, that is not the case for me. For me, the coming of a new school year means one thing: Husker athletics are back in season.

Usually, this time of year means exciting evenings spent enjoying Nebraska volleyball games and sacred Saturdays dedicated to everything Husker football. As the new sports editor for our university’s only independent student news organization, my days will be spent doing the same, just in a little different capacity. My days, evenings and weekends will be spent working with a staff to bring you as much information as we can about anything and everything related to Nebraska sports.

While in the past, this information came to you in the form of a semiweekly newspaper and every day online content, this year things will look a little bit different. Starting this semester, you will find more in-depth sports information in a monthly magazine called "The DN," along with one complete issue dedicated to Husker athletics. Our staff is excited to implement the magazine into our publication and looks forward to what we can do with it.

Sports are important to a lot of students at our university. Not only do they bring people together through viewing and attending them, but by playing them as well. This semester, our sports section wants to acknowledge all of the talented intramural and club athletes at UNL and highlight their successes and accomplishments. So along with our coverage of the collegiate sports teams here at Nebraska, we’ll keep track of the intramural and club seasons and athletes through student profiles, game coverage and rankings.

Our goal as your student publication is to be as reliable and timely as possible. We will strive to bring you breaking news and in-depth coverage as well as interesting features and relatable profiles of student athletes. We welcome and encourage story ideas from our readers, which can be emailed to sports@dailynebraskan.com.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the sporting events your university has to offer — we’ll take care of the rest.