Jackson Secondary

Defensive back Lamar Jackson (21) celebrates after preventing a touchdown at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, April 13, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Seven Nebraska defensive players earned Big Ten honors, the conference announced Tuesday. 

Senior cornerback Lamar Jackson led the group, earning second-team All-Big Ten honors from both coaches and the media in the conference. Jackson shined for the Blackshirts in 2019, leading the conference in pass breakups with 12 and tied for the second-most interceptions with three. He also had 40 tackles, a sack, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. 

Senior defensive lineman Khalil Davis was named third-team All-Big Ten by coaches, and was an honorable mention among media. Davis’ eight sacks ranked ninth in the conference, and he also had 12 tackles for a loss.

Senior nose tackle Darrion Daniels earned honorable mention honors from Big Ten coaches, while senior linebacker Mohamed Barry, junior defensive back Dicaprio Bootle and sophomore defensive back Cam Taylor-Britt were honorable mentions by media. Barry led the Blackshirts in tackles this season, racking up 89 tackles, while Daniels had 34 tackles and four tackles for a loss. 

Bootle had 31 tackles and six pass breakups while seeing time at both cornerback and safety. Taylor-Britt excelled in forcing turnovers, intercepting three passes and forcing four fumbles. He also returned an interception for a touchdown in Nebraska’s loss to Iowa.

Along with the All-Big Ten honors, senior defensive end Ben Stille was named Nebraska’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Award honoree.