Huskers in the NFL Art

This week’s Huskers in the NFL is a special recap that will cover the players’ results from the NFL season in Week 15, 16, 17 and the two rounds of the playoffs that have been played.

Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Linebacker Lavonte David had eight tackles, two of them for a loss, and one pass defended in the Buccaneers’ 38-17 Week 15 win over the Detroit Lions. He had 10 tackles, one of them a tackle for a loss, one pass defended and one quarterback hit in the Buccaneers’ 23-20 Week 16 loss to the Houston Texans. He had seven tackles in Tampa Bay’s 28-22 Week 17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. The Buccaneers did not make the playoffs. 

Nathan Gerry, Philadelphia Eagles

Linebacker Nathan Gerry had four tackles in the Eagles’ 37-27 win over the Washington Redskins in Week 15. He had seven tackles in the Eagles’ 17-9 Week 16 win over the Dallas Cowboys and had eight tackles in their 34-17 Week 17 win over the New York Giants. He had seven tackles and one quarterback hit in the Eagles’ 17-9 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the Wild Card Round. 

Will Compton, Oakland Raiders

Linebacker Will Compton had a team-leading nine tackles in the Raiders’ 20-16 Week 15 loss to the Jaguars and their swan song in Oakland before moving to Las Vegas next season. He had a team-leading 12 tackles in the Raiders’ 24-17 Week 16 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. He had five tackles in the Raiders’ 16-15 Week 17 loss to the Denver Broncos. The Oakland Raiders did not make the playoffs. 

Chris Jones, Arizona Cardinals

Cornerback Chris Jones had four tackles in the Cardinals’ 38-24 Week 15 win over the Cleveland Browns. He had three tackles and three passes defended in the Cardinals’ 27-13 Week 16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. Jones recorded five tackles and one pass defended in the Cardinals’ 31-24 Week 17 loss to the Los Angeles Rams. The Arizona Cardinals did not make the playoffs. 

Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had three tackles, one of them being for a loss, two quarterback hits and one sack in the Buccaneers’ 38-17 Week 15 win over the Detroit Lions. He had five tackles, 1.5 of them being tackles for a loss, and one pass defended in the Buccaneers’ 23-20 Week 16 loss to the Houston Texans. He had two tackles, one being a tackle for a loss, two passes defended and a quarterback hit in the Buccaneers’ 28-22 Week 17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

Ameer Abdullah, Minnesota Vikings

Running back Ameer Abdullah had five carries for 25 yards in the Vikings’ 39-10 Week 15 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. He had four carries for 27 yards and six receptions for 31 yards in the Vikings’ 23-10 Week 16 loss to the Green Bay Packers. He had six carries for 22 yards and three receptions for 14 yards in the Vikings’ 21-19 Week 17 loss to the Chicago Bears. In the playoffs, Abdullah had one carry for nine yards and two tackles on special teams in the Vikings’ 26-20 overtime win over the New Orleans Saints in the Wild Card Round. He had one reception for seven yards and five kick returns for 148 yards in the Vikings’ 27-10 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the Divisional Round.