Huskers in the NFL Art

In Week 9 of the NFL season, a season-high 20 former Huskers were active on NFL rosters, two were on injured reserve, two were on practice squads and one was suspended. Here are the standout performances from this weekend. 

Ameer Abdullah, Minnesota Vikings

Running back Ameer Abdullah had one carry for two yards, one reception for 16 yards and a touchdown and two tackles on special teams in the Vikings’ 26-23 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. The touchdown was Abdullah’s first since Week 17 of the 2017 season against the Green Bay Packers as a member of the Detroit Lions. It was his first receiving touchdown since Week 11 of the 2017 season against the Chicago Bears. 

Next up for Minnesota will be a visit to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday Night Football. 

Nathan Gerry, Philadelphia Eagles

Linebacker Nathan Gerry had a team-high five tackles in the Eagles’ 22-14 win over the Chicago Bears. In nine games this season, Gerry has 35 tackles, third-most on the Eagles. He also has two quarterback hits, two passes defended and two interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown. 

Next up for Philadelphia is a bye week. 

Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Linebacker Lavonte David had nine tackles, two of them being tackles for loss, one sack and one quarterback hit in the Buccaneers’ 40-34 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks. David has a team-leading 61 tackles this season.

Next up for Tampa Bay will be the Arizona Cardinals, as the Bucs look to avoid their fifth straight loss. 

Rex Burkhead, New England Patriots

Running back Rex Burkhead had four carries for 18 yards and one reception for 16 yards in the Patriots’ 37-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. 

Next up for the Patriots is a bye week. 

Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had three tackles and one quarterback hit in the Buccaneers’ 40-34 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks. 

Prince Amukamara, Chicago Bears

Cornerback Prince Amukamara had four tackles in the Bears’ 22-14 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. In eight games this season, Amukamara has 31 tackles, six passes defended, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 

Next up for the Bears is a home game against the Detroit Lions, as Chicago looks to avoid its fifth straight loss after starting the season 3-1. 

Will Compton, Oakland Raiders

Linebacker Will Compton had four tackles in the Raiders’ 31-24 win over the Detroit Lions. This was Compton’s first NFL game of the season since being released by the New Orleans Saints on Sept. 5 and signing with the Raiders on Oct. 29. Before being released by the Saints, he spent last season with Tennessee and the five seasons prior to that with Washington. 

Next up, the Raiders will host the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday Night Football.