Huskers in the NFL: Week 11 Standouts Art

In Week 11 of the NFL season, 21 former Huskers were active on NFL rosters, two were on injured reserve, one was on a practice squad and one was suspended. Here are the standout performances from this weekend. 

Rex Burkhead, New England Patriots

Running back Rex Burkhead had five rushes for 14 yards and two receptions for 34 yards in the Patriots' 17-10 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. In seven games this season, Burkhead has 36 rushes for 148 yards and a touchdown and 18 receptions for 176 yards. 

Next up for New England is a home game against the Dallas Cowboys, as the Patriots look to stay atop the AFC. 

Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Linebacker Lavonte David had six tackles in the Buccaneers’ 34-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints. In 10 games this season, David has 76 tackles, five quarterback hits, one interception, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 

Next up for Tampa Bay is an away game and divisional matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. 

Nathan Gerry, Philadelphia Eagles

Linebacker Nathan Gerry had 10 tackles, one being a tackle for a loss, one sack and one quarterback hit in the Eagles’ 17-10 loss to the New England Patriots. Gerry and the Eagles defense, which is fourth in the league in rushing yards allowed, held the Patriots to just 74 yards rushing on 22 carries. 

The next game for the Eagles is a home game and crucial matchup in the NFC Wild Card race against the Seattle Seahawks. 

Brett Maher, Dallas Cowboys

Kicker Brett Maher went 2-2 on field goals and 3-3 on extra points in the Cowboys’ 35-27 win over the Detroit Lions. In 10 games this season, Maher has gone 16-22 (72.7%) on field goal attempts and 32-32 on extra points. 

The Cowboys will take a trip to Foxborough, Massachusetts, to face the Patriots. The Cowboys look to stay atop the NFC East. 

Prince Amukamara, Chicago Bears

Cornerback Prince Amukamara had five tackles in the Bears’ 17-7 loss to the Rams on Sunday Night Football. In 10 games this season, Amukamara has 41 tackles, six passes defended, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 

Next up for Chicago is a home game against the New York Giants, as the Bears aim to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. 

Andy Janovich, Denver Broncos

Fullback Andy Janovich had one rush for one yard and a touchdown and one reception for three yards in the Broncos’ 27-23 loss to the Minnesota Vikings. 

Unfortunately, in the second quarter and after making his only reception of the game, Janovich dislocated his right elbow while bracing himself for the fall after being tackled. With only six games left in the season, Janovich is likely done for the season and will be placed on IR. 

Next up for Denver is an away game against the Buffalo Bills. 

Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had four tackles, two being tackles for a loss and one quarterback hit in the Buccaneers’ 34-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints.