Huskers in the NFL: Week 4

In Week 4 of the 2019 NFL season, 18 former Huskers were active on NFL rosters, with three on injured reserve, two on the practice squad and one suspended. Here are the best performances from those active players in week four. 

Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had two tackles, two quarterback hits and a fumble recovery which he returned 37 yards for a touchdown in the Buccaneers 55-40 win over the Los Angeles Rams. That was Suh’s first touchdown since another scoop n’ score against Washington in his rookie season in 2010.  

Next up for Tampa Bay is an NFC South clash with the Drew Brees-less New Orleans Saints. Even though the Bucs just beat the defending NFC Champion Rams, they can’t get too confident — just ask the Dallas Cowboys how the Saints are doing right now. 

Sam Koch, Baltimore Ravens

Punter Sam Koch had three punts for 131 yards, pinning all three punts inside the 20-yard line and held all kicks for placekicker Justin Tucker in the Ravens’ 40-25 loss against the Cleveland Browns. These numbers bring his season average to 46.9 yards per punt, pinning eight inside the 20-yard line.

Next up for Baltimore is a divisional matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers. This will be a close affair as both teams look to keep pace with the Cleveland Browns in the AFC North and Koch’s tremendous punting could play a role in deciding the winner of the game. 

Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Linebacker Lavonte David had seven tackles, two quarterback hits, one pass defended and one interception in the Buccaneers’ 55-40 win over the Los Angeles Rams. He has a team-leading 30 tackles so far on the season. 

Prince Amukamara, Chicago Bears 

Cornerback Prince Amukamara had two tackles and one pass defended, helping hold the Viking offense to a season-low 222 yards in a 16-6 win over Minnesota. In four games for the Bears this season, Amukamara has 15 tackles, four passes defended and a forced fumble. With Amukamara’s contributions the Bears now are fifth in total defense, allowing just 290 yards per game. 

Next up for Chicago is a cross-conference matchup with the Oakland Raiders.

Maliek Collins, Dallas Cowboys

Defensive tackle Maliek Collins had one tackle, one sack and one quarterback hit as he helped hold the Saints to 117 rush yards in a 12-10 loss to New Orleans. This brings his season total to three tackles and two sacks for the Cowboys.  

Next up for Dallas is the 3-1 Green Bay Packers, as this will be the first meeting between the teams since the Packers upset the 13-3 Cowboys in the 2017 NFC Divisional Round.