Huskers in the NFL

In Week 12 of the NFL season, 21 former Huskers were active on NFL rosters, two were on injured reserve, one was on a practice squad and one was suspended. Here are the standout performances from this weekend. 

Rex Burkhead, New England Patriots

Running back Rex Burkhead had two rushes for three yards, two receptions for 14 yards and contributed on special teams in the Patriots’ 13-9 win over the Dallas Cowboys. In eight games this season, Burkhead has 38 rushes for 151 yards and one touchdown along with 20 receptions for 190 yards. 

Next up for New England is a trip to face the Texans on Sunday Night Football. 

Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Linebacker Lavonte David had eight tackles, one being a tackle for loss, and one pass defended in the Buccaneers’ 35-22 win over the Atlanta Falcons. In 11 games this season, David has 83 tackles, seven being tackles for a loss, five quarterback hits, four passes defended, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one interception. 

Next up for Tampa Bay Buccaneers is an away matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

Maliek Collins, Dallas Cowboys

Defensive tackle Maliek Collins had three tackles, two being for a loss, one quarterback hit and one sack in the Cowboys’ 13-9 loss to the New England Patriots. In 11 games this season, Collins has 18 tackles, including six for a loss, eight quarterback hits, four sacks and one fumble recovery. 

Next up for the Cowboys is a Thanksgiving Day home game against the Buffalo Bills.

Prince Amukamara, Chicago Bears

Cornerback Prince Amukamara had four tackles and one pass defended in the Bears’ 19-14 win over the New York Giants. In 11 games this season, Amukamara has 45 tackles, nine passes defended, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 

Next up, Chicago will travel to take on division rival Detroit on Thanksgiving Day. 

Nathan Gerry, Philadelphia Eagles

Linebacker Nathan Gerry had six tackles, 0.5 sacks, one pass defended, two quarterback hits and a fumble recovery in the Eagles’ 17-9 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. In 11 games this season, Gerry has 49 tackles, five quarterback hits, 2.5 sacks, two interceptions, three passes defended and one fumble recovery.

Next up for Philadelphia in the lighter portion of its schedule is an away matchup against the Miami Dolphins. 

Ndamukong Suh, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had four tackles, two quarterback hits and one fumble recovery which he returned six yards for a touchdown in the Buccaneers’ 35-22 win over the Atlanta Falcons. That was Suh’s second touchdown of the season and this is the first season that he has ever had multiple touchdowns. In 11 games this season, Suh has 28 tackles, four being tackles for a loss, 10 quarterback hits, 1.5 sacks, three fumble recoveries and two touchdowns. 

Brett Maher, Dallas Cowboys

Kicker Brett Maher went 3-4 on field goals, with a long of 46 yards in the Cowboys’ 13-9 loss to the New England Patriots. In 11 games this season, Maher is 19-26 (73.1%) on field goals and 32-for-32 on extra points.