Sports Sig

Tony Tuioti has been hired as the new defensive line coach for Nebraska, replacing Mike Dawson.

Dawson left the program for a coaching staff position on the New York Giants on Feb. 11.

Tuioti served as defensive line coach for the University of California, Berkeley for two seasons. Prior to his tenure at Cal, Tuioti served as the director of player personnel at Michigan in 2016. He also spent two seasons working as an assistant with the Cleveland Browns defensive line.

“I want to thank Coach Frost for the opportunity to be a part of the Nebraska football family,” Tuioti said. “I believe in what he is doing and the culture he is building at Nebraska and I am excited to be a part of it.

With the announcement came the news that Ryan Feder, who recently worked with as a Football Technology Analyst for the Green Bay Packers, will be joining the Huskers as a defensive graduate assistant.

“We are pleased to add Tony Tuioti to our coaching staff and look forward to having him and his family join us at Nebraska,” Frost said. “Tony has been a key part of one of the top defenses in the country the past two seasons at Cal. He will bring great energy to our staff, has a strong history of player development, and an impressive recruiting background.”