VBpreview-Henke

The No. 6 Nebraska volleyball team will play its first home match in more than two weeks Wednesday against the Indiana Hoosiers.

The Huskers are coming off a four-match road trip, during which they went undefeated, extending their winning streak to six matches. Nebraska has climbed back to No. 6 in the AVCA coaches poll after falling to as low as No. 9 three weeks ago.

As the season winds down, each match matters as the Huskers build momentum into the end of the regular season. Nebraska has four more matches remaining in the regular season -- three of those matches will be at the Bob Devaney Sports Center. The three opponents Nebraska faces after Indiana will be at Michigan and against No. 18 Illinois and No. 4 Penn State.

This will be the second time the Huskers face Indiana in weeks. Nebraska swept the Hoosiers in Bloomington on Nov. 7. The Huskers held Indiana to .167 hitting percentage and posted a .366 hitting percentage themselves.

Stats and Storylines

•  The Hoosiers got a good look at Nebraska just 10 days ago. While Nebraska won in a sweep, the Hoosiers will be more dangerous the second time around. That was true in Nebraska’s last time out. The Maryland Terrapins played Nebraska much closer the second time around after seeing them two weeks earlier.
  •  Coach John Cook said he hopes to see the Nebraska outside hitters, specifically on the left side, improve over the course of the next couple of weeks. Senior outside hitter Kelsey Fien is hitting .229, which is down 79 points from last year during Big Ten play. Cook said improved hitting from freshman Mikaela Foecke would make a big difference as the season comes to a close as well.
  •  Nebraska is currently tied for second place in the Big Ten with Penn State at 13-3. Minnesota is outpacing the two squads with a 15-1 conference record. To win the Big Ten title, the Huskers would likely need to win out and get some help from the Golden Gophers. Minnesota has Maryland, Purdue, Ohio State and Indiana left on its regular season schedule.
  •  Libero Justine Wong Orantes’ status is still uncertain for Wednesday’s match. Cook said the knee she injured last Wednesday against Michigan State was feeling better over the weekend, but he gave no indication whether she would play on Wednesday or not. She missed Nebraska’s Saturday matchup against Maryland.
  •  The Huskers will look to tighten up their play over the course of these next two weeks. Nebraska committed 18 service errors against Maryland Saturday. Cook said he was happy with a win Saturday but also said the Huskers made uncharacteristic mental mistakes that need to be tightened up.