huskers watch party

The Husker football team is away on Sept. 29, at a different Memorial Stadium, but Nebraska fans can still pack their home turf.

Student Involvement and Campus Nightlife at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will host a watch party in Lincoln’s Memorial Stadium for the game.

Nebraska faces the University of Illinois at 7 p.m. Doors for the watch party will open an hour before kickoff.

The event is free for students, faculty and staff with a valid NCard. Immediate family of students, faculty and staff will be allowed in as well. Entrance to the event will be through Gate 24.

The game will be displayed on the big screen and fans can enjoy the view from the field and bleachers.

Food and Pepsi products will be provided free of charge. Two autographed Husker footballs will be given away at halftime.

An attendance of a thousand people is expected to cheer on the Huskers, according to Student Involvement and Campus Nightlife.

This will be the Illini's first Big Ten Conference matchup and their fifth time facing the Huskers. The Huskers hold a record of 2-2 and Illinois has a record of 2-1. Illinois is currently undefeated at home this season.

This Friday will be the first time the Huskers have played a regular-season game on a weekday since 2010, not including NU’s yearly Black Friday game.