Chris Weber

Chris Weber (49) jogs across the field during the game against Iowa on Nov., 24, 2017, at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska.

A total of 85 members of various Nebraska athletic teams were named to the fall Academic All-Big Ten team on Wednesday, Dec. 6. The football team led the pack, with 42 players earning Academic All-Conference honors. The soccer team had 15 athletes selected, the volleyball team had eight Academic All-Conference honorees, the men’s cross-country team had nine Academic All-Big Ten selection and the women’s cross-country team had 11 athletes earn Academic All-Conference honors.

Of the 85 Huskers earning Academic All-Conference honors, senior linebacker Chris Weber led the way as he was named to the academic All-Big Ten team for the fourth time in his career at Nebraska. Weber became only the 11th Husker football player to earn Academic All-Conference honors four times.

Senior fullback Harrison Jordan received his third Academic All-Conference selection, and seven other Husker football players made the academic All-Big Ten team for the second time. The two time Academic All-Conference selections are junior linebacker Mohamed Barry, junior offensive linemen Michael Decker and Jerald Foster, senior tight end Tyler Hoppes, senior defensive back Joshua Kalu, senior wide receiver Gabe Rahn and junior defensive lineman Mick Stoltenberg.

A student-athlete must be in their second year at their university and have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 to be considered for Academic All-Big Ten honors.