Tim Miles

Tim Miles greets fans before the game at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Jan. 09, 2017, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Former Nebraska coach Tim Miles has found work for the upcoming season. 

FOX Sports announced on Thursday afternoon that Miles will join the network’s coverage as a game analyst for the upcoming season. 

“Also new to the network’s college basketball coverage, former NCAA head coach Tim Miles joins FOX Sports as a game analyst this season,” the network said in a press release. “Miles most recently served as head coach at Nebraska, spending seven seasons in Lincoln after leading Colorado State for five seasons, including an appearance in the NCAA Tournament.”

FOX Sports has contracts to broadcast college basketball games featuring teams from the Big East, Big Ten and Pac 12 conferences. 

This will be Miles’ first full-time stint in broadcasting after spending the past 24 years as a head coach. He led Nebraska to appearances in the NIT in back-to-back seasons before getting fired in March following the end of the season. Miles also led the Huskers to an appearance in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.

Following his dismissal, Miles has remained in Lincoln. His son continues to play high school basketball for a local team, while he has helped run basketball camps across the country. Miles also interviewed for the California head coaching job but the Bears opted to hire Mark Fox instead. 

Miles’ first assignment will be on Tuesday, November 5, where Xavier hosts Jacksonville. The game will be on FS2 at 6 p.m.

Tags