NFL huskers

The NFL preseason wraps up this week with one game remaining for each team. Then the teams will make cuts to set the official 53-man roster. There are 30 former Huskers on the active rosters of 20 NFL teams, so it’s time to take a look at how some of them performed this preseason. 

Arizona Cardinals

Cornerback Chris Jones is the only former Husker currently on the Cardinals’ active roster. In three preseason games, Jones has nine tackles and two pass breakups. 

Baltimore Ravens

Cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste and punter Sam Koch are both on the Ravens. Jean-Baptiste recorded one tackle and two pass deflections this preseason, while Koch has four punts for 201 yards with one punt downed inside the 20-yard line. 

Cincinnati Bengals

Tight end Cethan Carter and rookie wide receiver Stanley Morgan Jr. are both playing for the Bengals. Carter caught two passes for 11 yards this preseason, while Morgan Jr. has five receptions for a total of 63 yards. 

Cleveland Browns

Linebacker Dedrick Young II, the only former Husker on the Browns, has one tackle in three preseason games. 

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys have four former Huskers on their roster — defensive tackle Maliek Collins, defensive end Randy Gregory, rookie linebacker Luke Gifford and kicker Brett Maher, although Gregory is still serving an indefinite suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. 

Collins has two tackles this preseason. Gifford has two tackles with an interception and a pass breakup despite not playing in his team’s past two games due to an ankle sprain. Maher has made five of seven field goal attempts with the longest being from 40 yards. He’s also made all six of his extra point attempts. 

Denver Broncos

Fullback Andy Janovich is the only former Husker on the Broncos. Janovich has not played since the team’s preseason opener because of a strained pectoral.

Minnesota Vikings

Running back Ameer Abdullah has five carries this preseason for the Vikings, rushing a total of 67 yards. He also caught one pass for five yards and recovered a fumble. 

New England Patriots

The only former Husker on the Patriots’ roster is running back Rex Burkhead. Burkhead has two carries for three yards and one reception for six yards thus far. 

New Orleans Saints

The Saints have two former Huskers on their roster — linebacker Will Compton and rookie running back Devine Ozigbo. Compton, who didn’t join the team until after its second preseason game, recorded five tackles in a win over the Jets last week. 

Ozigbo, an undrafted free agent, has 17 carries for 70 yards this preseason. He’s also hauled in six passes for 55 yards and a touchdown. 

New York Giants

Defensive end Freedom Akinmoladun and guard Nick Gates are both on the Giants’ roster. During this preseason, Akinmoladun has three tackles. 

New York Jets

The Jets have three former Huskers, headlined by wide receiver Quincy Enunwa. Enunwa has two catches for 14 yards during the preseason after signing a contract extension in December. 

Tackles Alex Lewis and Brent Qvale are also on the roster. 

Oakland Raiders

Two former Huskers are on the Raiders — wide receiver De’Mornay Pierson-El and offensive guard Richie Incognito. Pierson-El has nine catches for 70 yards and a touchdown during the preseason, highlighted by a six-catch, 38-yard performance against Green Bay last week. Pierson-El also has 12 punt returns for 69 yards.

Philadelphia Eagles

Third-year linebacker Nathan Gerry has seven tackles and a pass breakup for the Eagles this preseason. Gerry played safety at Nebraska before making the switch to linebacker for Philadelphia. 

Pittsburgh Steelers

Wide receiver Brandon Reilly is the only former Husker on the Steelers. He has two receptions for 41 yards this preseason. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and linebacker Lavonte David are both on the Buccaneers’ roster. David has not played in the preseason after undergoing knee surgery, but he should be back in time for the regular season.

Suh has one tackle this preseason after signing with Tampa Bay in the offseason. 

Tennessee Titans

Defensive back Joshua Kalu is the only former Husker on the Titans. He has five tackles this preseason.