Nebraska Volleyball vs. Ohio State Photo No. 16

Nebraska's Lauren Stivrins (26) and Madi Kubik (10) attempt to block the ball during the match against Ohio State on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019, at the Bob Devaney Sports Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Five Huskers grabbed Big Ten honors on Wednesday, including three being named to the All-Big Ten First Team while freshman outside hitter Madi Kubik won Big Ten Freshman of the Year. 

Sophomore setter Nicklin Hames, junior outside hitter Lexi Sun and junior middle blocker Lauren Stivrins made All-Big Ten First Team, with Stivrins being a unanimous selection. Stivrins hit .412 in conference play, third-best in the Big Ten.

Sun led Nebraska in kills this season and averaged 3.53 kills per set, good for eighth in the Big Ten in kills per set. Hames led the Husker offense to second in the conference and averaged 11.37 assists per set, also third in the Big Ten.

Kubik added to her impressive freshman campaign by making All-Big Ten Second Team, one of only two freshmen to make either first or second team. Kubik’s Big Ten Freshman of the Year award also landed her on the All-Big Ten Freshman team.

Libero Kenzie Knuckles also was chosen for the All-Big Ten Freshman Team by conference coaches, averaging 3.58 digs per set in conference play. Knuckles led the Husker defense to the top in the Big Ten in opponent hitting percentage at .156 during conference play.

Sophomore outside hitter Anezka Szabo received Nebraska’s Sportsmanship Award.