Hunt, LeGrone

Following the arrest of former Nebraska football players Andre Hunt and Katerian LeGrone on Tuesday night, their attorneys appeared in district court on their behalf Wednesday afternoon.

Hunt and LeGrone joined the proceedings via satellite from the Lancaster County Jail, where both were being held.

The court set a $50,000 bond for LeGrone, who cannot contact the victim or leave the state per the court order. LeGrone, who is charged with first-degree sexual assault, will be arrainged in court on Dec. 12 at 2 p.m.

Hunt received a $100,000 personal recognizance bond and also cannot contact the victim or leave the state without prior permission. He will not appear in court again until Dec. 20 at 10:30 a.m.

Hunt is charged with aiding and abetting first-degree sexual assault, a crime which lawyer Carlos Monzon said his client is innocent of. Monzon said Hunt and the alleged victim met on a dating website and agreed to have sex, but the victim is now experiencing “buyer’s remorse.”

Monzon said the week-plus break will allow the county attorney’s office time to review the evidence in Hunt’s case, evidence which he felt will clear his client’s name.

“I have an innocent client and I believe that [Lancaster County attorney Pat] Condon as well as the county attorney’s office wants to review all the evidence that will agree with our position and no charges will be filed against Mr. Hunt.”

This article was modified at 3:39 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 to change the featured image and correct the day of the week in the headline.