Nebraska vs. Minnesota Photo No. 31

Fans celebrate as the Huskers overpower the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 53-28, on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

For the first time since 2007, ESPN’s College Gameday is coming to Lincoln.

Minutes after Nebraska’s 42-38 victory at Illinois went final, the announcement was officially made via Twitter. The Saturday morning pregame show will be in town leading up to Nebraska’s showdown with No. 5 Ohio State later in the evening.

Hosted by Reece Davis and featuring Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso, the show has been popular among college football fans for decades thanks to mascot heads, celebrity guest pickers and crowds full of signs. This will be Nebraska’s 17th appearance on the show and sixth time hosting it. 

The location of the show has yet to be determined. 

Once a regular stop on College Gameday’s yearly tour, Nebraska has only hosted the show once since 2001. Nebraska is 9-7 in games featured on the show, but has lost its last four appearances.

The Huskers are 5-1 in home games featuring College Gameday.

The appearance of Gameday adds even more hype to an already electric weekend, which will begin Friday night with Nebraska basketball’s opening night. The event features an introduction to new head coach Fred Hoiberg’s first team, as well as a concert by Rick Ross. 

The event is free to attend, and the stage will be set up on both Friday and Saturday. The show airs on ESPN Saturday morning from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.