Football Red-White Spring Game Photo No. 12

A fan cheers on the new recruits at halftime during the Spring Game at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, April 13, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

It’s been 12 years since ESPN’s popular college football pregame show has been in Lincoln, and they will showcase one of Memorial Stadium’s most significant changes in that time period when it returns on Saturday.

The official Twitter account of the Nebraska Athletic Department announced on Monday afternoon that ESPN College GameDay will set up outside of the east end of Memorial Stadium, which underwent a $55.5 million renovation from 2011-13 that added several more levels and gave the outer facade a facelift. 

More specifically, it appears the set will be located near Cook Pavilion and southeast of the Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame. 

Entry to the show is free. College GameDay presented by The Home Depot airs weekly throughout the college football season from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday mornings. The show is hosted by Reece Davis and features analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, along with as field reporters David Pollack and Maria Taylor.

In the show’s most recent trip to Lincoln, the setup was inside Memorial Stadium to accomodate for a near-record crowd of over 13,000 fans. Head coach Scott Frost said on Monday he expects another strong showing by the Husker faithful.

“I think it is good timing,” Frost said about the show’s visit. “I know the fans are going to turn out. Fans here are always great. They are the best in the country and we need them to be at their very best this Saturday and at GameDay. I expect for as many years as it has been since GameDay has been here, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us set some kind of record for attendance at GameDay. That’s just what you expect out of Nebraska fans.”

It will be Nebraska’s seventh time hosting the show. The Huskers are 5-1 in home games featuring the show, but lost 49-31 against No. 1 Southern California in its last appearance in 2007.

More information about the format details of this week’s show, including celebrity guests and special promotions for students, will likely be announced later this week.

The show will highlight Nebraska’s (3-1, 1-0) matchup against No. 5 Ohio State (4-0, 1-0), which kicks off Saturday night at 6:30 p.m. and can be seen on ABC.