Mary Pollmiller awarded Big Ten’s Setter of the Week

• Staff report
  • 0

Nebraska junior setter Mary Pollmiller was named the Big Ten’s Setter of the Week, giving her the first Big Ten weekly award of her career. This is the second award claimed by a Nebraska player this season, two weeks after freshman outside hitter Amber Rolfzen was Co-Freshman of the Week.

Pollmiller had three kills and hit at an attacking percentage of .600, and she racked up 54 assists in a four-set victory against Northwestern on Friday. In a strong all-around performance, she also had nine digs, two blocks and a service ace in the Northwestern game.

She added another kill and 27 more assists in the Huskers’ three-set win at Illinois on Saturday.

A transfer from Tennessee, Pollmiller was a Second-Team All-SEC performer and the SEC Freshman of the Year in 2011.

In 2013, Pollmiller leads the No. 10 Huskers with 391 assists in 11 matches. The rest of the team combined has 147 assists. She is averaging more than 10 assists a set and is one of only three Huskers averaging more than one per frame.

Before Saturday’s game, Pollmiller had topped 30 assists in seven straight games, totaling 299 assists in those contests and averaging about 43 assists per match and nearly 12 per set in that stretch.

(0) comments

PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

Most Popular

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!

Useful Links

Jazz supporters

These businesses support the Daily Nebraskan:

Newsletters