hillary

This election is one for the history books: We finally have our first female nominee of a major party. Hillary Clinton has done a remarkable job of defying expectations and shattering glass ceilings. Some voters had hoped certain proverbial barriers were made of stronger materials than glass.

Take, for example, the seemingly insurmountable feat of winning the nomination after committing a felony. Or, more impressively, turning the office of Secretary of State into a shilling service for the highest bidder for the profit of her own foundation — and having no one bat an eye.

These groundbreaking works of Hillary Clinton’s, among many others, have splintered a bevy of fragile ceilings above. Shards of jagged glass are bound to rain down the day she takes office, plunging themselves into the beating heart of the United States in the form of unparalleled corruption.

This is because Hillary Clinton is a pathological liar and narcissist at her core. It took just a few minutes for FBI Director James Comey to discredit the entire email narrative she’s been peddling for months.I’ll summarize three key findings from the Comey’s hearing.

One: Hillary Clinton is a greedy charlatan who values her own convenience over the security of our country.

Two: Hillary Clinton violated multiple federal laws (2009 Federal Records Act, Section 1236.22, Executive Order 13526 and 18 U.S.C. Sec 793(f)) but was never held accountable because she wasn’t proven to have criminal intent. Drunk drivers don’t typically intend to get into car crashes, yet the law is enforced regardless. Some of the most sensitive U.S. intelligence was stored on a server that could have been hacked by a middle-schooler — forget Russia or China. Three: almost every single aspect of Hillary Clinton’s account was proven to be an outright lie, up to and including the number of servers she illegally transferred classified information on and where they were stored. Hillary Clinton is arguably the most corrupt presidential nominee of a major party in the history of U.S. politics. If her nefarious record as Secretary of State is any indication of how she’ll run things as president, strap in for four years of the most fraudulent, criminal administration in history.

By donating to “The Clinton Foundation,” foreign governments were able to shill out large sums of money directly to the person in charge of U.S. foreign policy. If you don’t see this as a conflict of interest, I have a special, all-inclusive trip to the Bahamas to offer, and I’ll need your credit card information immediately.

Russia took away a drastic 20 percent of U.S. uranium production from 2009 to 2013 by assuming control of a company called “Uranium One.” Hillary Clinton, as a member of the Committee of Foreign Investments, had the ability to stop the deal, or at least force it to the president’s desk, but somehow, let it slip through. According to Peter Schweizer, a researcher at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, the chairman of Uranium One made multiple donations totaling $2.35 million, and shareholders made contributions exceeding $145 million to The Clinton Foundation, as referenced in Schwiezer’s book “Clinton Cash.” Not to mention, former president Bill Clinton was rewarded $500,000 for a speech from a Russian investment bank shortly before the deal was made.

Remember, none of this is suspicious, and if you accept your trip today, I’ll throw in a free yacht.

The corruption at The Clinton Foundation doesn’t stop at Russia. Saudi Arabia, among many other oppressive regimes, donated tens of millions of dollars to the foundation and coincidently received the arms deals they were asking for at virtually the same time. The foundation’s donor list has been made public — by the Clintons themselves — so I encourage you to read it and draw your own conclusions. David Sirota, of the International Business Times, wrote,

“Under Clinton’s leadership, the State Department approved $165 billion worth of commercial arms sales to 20 nations whose governments have given money to the Clinton Foundation.”

Asking Hillary Clinton to run an honest, charitable organization, solely to help the poor, is like asking a wolf to herd sheep. I can hear the hisses and boos of you Hillary supporters as I type this, and I can’t say I blame you.

Your vexation is well founded. How dare I criticize the woman who put her own comfort above the entire country’s safety? How dare I denounce the woman who’s watched millions of taxpayer dollars go to governments that fund terrorism? The gall of me to lambaste the woman who receives campaign donations from groups that openly throw homosexuals off of buildings, while being the “inclusive” candidate.

The audacity I must have to condemn the woman who is married to someone who’s faced multiple sexual assault allegations and accepts funding from a country that doesn’t allow women to drive, all while being the “woman’s champion.” Shame on me.

There’s a valuable lesson to be learned from Hillary’s campaign, and it’s a message of optimism: If you break every law in the book, lie to the faces of those you’ve sworn to serve, stab your supporters in the back, give money to some of the worst groups in the world, allow yourself to be bribed by foreign entities, change your opinion on almost every issue to get a vote and ride the coattails of your spouse who happened to be president, you too can be president of the United States in 2017. Cheers.

Sam Dittmar is a sophomore electrical engineering major. Reach him at opinion@dailynebraskan.com or via @DNOpinion.