vega

Zoo Bar

Lincoln’s historic blues bar, the cozy Zoo also showcases touring and local acts of folk, rock and hip-hop genres.Local bands such as Josh Hoyer and The Shadowboxers (soul/funk), Universe Contest (rock) and Luke Polipnick (jazz) are frequenters.

The Bourbon Theatre

With its large marquee on O Street, The Bourbon is a hard place to miss. The venue typically books acts too small for the Pinnacle Bank Arena and too large for anywhere else. Recent national acts included Riff Raff, Waka Flocka Flame and J. Cole.

Duffy’s Tavern

Duffy’s, like many Lincoln venues, is a strong supporter of local music. Local acts such as Root Marm Chicken Farm Jug Band (folk) and Life is Cool (disco rock), are examples of recent bands who have made their way to Duffy’s small stage. In addition to an indoor stage, Duffy’s also has an outdoor patio where bands sometime play in the summer and fall. Though shows here are primarily 21 years old and older, the venue usually allows for minors to enter for events such as Lincoln Calling and Lincoln Exposed.

Vega

Vega is Lincoln’s newest music venue, located in the Railyard. National artists such as Mac DeMarco, Washed Out and local artists such as Icky Blossoms (electronic rock) and Tim Kasher have performed here. In addition to showcasing music, Vega offers gourmet food including hamburgers and hot dogs.