Game Day

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Huskers will kick off the 2019 football season in a home game against the South Alabama Jaguars Saturday, Aug. 31 at 11 a.m. Here are some tips to be prepared for gameday. 

Activities before the game

The Hail Varsity Railyard band will perform at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m each Friday before home games this season in the Railyard entertainment district, according to a news release from UNL. The band is made up of 18 members of UNL’s Cornhusker Marching Band.

Lincoln marketing agency Hurrdat, which took over management of the Railyard in July, will host the events in conjunction with its sister company Hail Varsity.

“We want this to be a special place for Cornhusker fans from all over the country,” Chris Gorman, director of operations and sports marketing for Hurrdat, said in a news release. “We couldn’t think of a better way to get ready for game day than having the Cornhusker Marching Band here playing their favorite songs at the Hail Varsity Pep Rally.”

The Husker Nation Pavilion, located on the Ed Weir Track northeast of Memorial Stadium, will host activities, games, music, autograph signings and appearances with Husker athletes on Saturdays starting three hours prior to kickoff.

Parking

UNL parking lots will close at 10 p.m. on the Friday before home games and open for game day parking six hours before kickoff, according to the UNL Parking and Transit Services Website. Most faculty, staff and student parking areas are opened on game days for fan parking. Certain lots will remain open for parking permit holders, including around the Bob Devaney Sports Center. 

Parking meters will be monitored, and $10 passes for all day parking are available. Several city parking lots and garages are also available through the Park&Go app, according to a news release from the city of Lincoln. 

Entering the stadium

Gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, according to a news release from UNL. Students enter at gates 23 and 24. Students seated in East Stadium need to pick up a wristband at the tent outside of Gate 23 before entering the stadium. 

The stadium’s clear bag policy allows one clear plastic bag, no larger than 12 inches tall, 12 inches long and 6 inches wide, per person. Items are allowed in pockets. Fans can also bring an empty plastic water bottle. No outside food or drink, unless purchased from approved game day vendors on university grounds, is allowed. 

Stadium Services

Fans needing assistance in the stadium can text 69050 to start a message with UNL Police Department, according to a news release from UNL.

Drinking enforcement

Alcoholic beverages are not allowed inside the stadium or in any university or city parking lots.

The Lincoln Police Department will have extra officers at the stadium as part of the Northwest Team Underage Drinking Enforcement Project, according to a news release from the LPD.