Crime Log
Weekly Crime Chart - Nov. 3-9

The graph shows the seven most frequent crimes from Sunday, Nov. 3, to Saturday, Nov. 9. Disturbances were the most frequent crime, followed by possession of narcotics and accidents. This data was collected from the UNLPD Daily Crime & Fire Log. 

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police Department helped the Lincoln Police Department shut down a party and cited two individuals with domestic assault last week. 

Disturbances were the most frequent crime for the week of Sunday, Nov. 3, to Saturday, Nov. 9, with five incidents reported. Accidents followed with four incidents, and possession of narcotics had three incidents. 

On Sunday, Nov. 3, UNLPD assisted LPD in shutting down a party located off-campus at 1545 N. 31 St, according to the UNLPD Daily Crime & Fire Log. Officer Russell Johnson Jr. said 250 to 350 people were at the party, including University of Nebraska-Lincoln students. 

A domestic assault reported to UNLPD on Saturday, Nov. 9, ended with the arrests of a UNL student and a person outside of UNL, according to the crime log. The assault occurred when one party tried to take back a phone that another party was looking through, which resulted in injuries, according to Johnson. UNLPD cited individuals with domestic assault, according to the crime log and Johnson. 

A UNL student reported stalking on Sunday, Nov. 3. The stalking happened between Tuesday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Nov. 3, according to the crime log. The case remains open, according to Johnson. 

On Sunday, Nov. 3, a UNL student reported receiving unwanted messages on social media from another student, according to the crime log. The frequency of the messages was more disturbing than the content of the messages, according to Johnson. He said the case remains open.

On Thursday, Nov. 7, a UNL student reported receiving unusual text messages from an unknown person, according to the crime log and Johnson. The messages were non-threatening, and UNLPD is contacting the sender, according to Johnson.