Crime Watch Art

Made with Flourish

The 50/50 apartments experienced a broken water pipe earlier this week, according to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police Department Crime & Fire Log

On Friday, Jan. 24, a fire alarm at The 50/50 apartments was falsely activated by a broken water pipe, according to the crime log. Since no one intentionally caused the pipe to burst, Patrol Sgt. Margot Nason said UNLPD filed a property damage report to have the incident on record. The case has been closed, according to the crime log and Nason.

Disturbances of the “other” category, not including domestic and wild parties, were most frequent, with five reports last week. “Check welfare” and “alcohol-related incidents” each had four reports, and “larceny involving cars” had two reports. 

A 16-year-old reported receiving disturbing private messages through Instagram to UNLPD on Saturday, according to the crime log and Nason. The case remains open, and Nason said UNLPD is working with the 16-year-old’s local police department to determine who the sender is. 

On Thursday, UNLPD received a belated report of a disturbance between two UNL students in Harper Hall, according to the crime log. Nason said the two students were previously dating and had a verbal argument. She said the case has been closed. 

A UNL student reported on Wednesday that their sunglasses were stolen from their vehicle at the 1830 Vine St. parking garage, according to Nason and the crime log. The sunglasses are valued at $224, according to the crime log. Nason said the case remains open.

On Friday, a UNL student reported finding a disturbing note on their parked vehicle at the 625 Stadium Drive parking garage, according to the crime log. Nason said the content of the note referred to the student’s parking job, and the case has been closed.