Crime Watch Art

Made with Flourish

A University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty member reported on Friday to UNLPD that their office mail was opened without authorization, according to the UNL Police Department Crime & Fire Log.

The faculty member reported finding their office mail opened and receiving a damaged package that was missing its contents, according to the crime log and Sgt. Nolan Conradt of UNLPD. The case remains open, according to the crime log.

During the week of Jan. 26 to Feb. 1, disturbances of the “other” category, not including wild parties, were reported five times. Alcohol-related incidents were also reported five times. Overall, crime increased from 23 incidents during the week of Jan. 19-25 to 34 incidents last week. 

UNLPD received a noise complaint at Smith Hall on Monday, according to the crime log. Conradt said UNLPD contacted the UNL students accused about the noise, and then sent them to their separate rooms. He said no citations were issued. 

A UNL student reported their wallet stolen from their car on Tuesday, according to the crime log. Along with reporting the wallet stolen, the student reported fraudulent transactions on the credit cards that were in the wallet, according to the crime log and Conradt. Conradt said the case remains open. 

On Monday, a UNL student reported receiving harassing messages from an unknown number, according to the crime log and Conradt, who said the case remains open.