crime log

Made with Flourish

A non-affiliate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln reported to the UNL Police Department on Saturday that a university staff member may be using illegal drugs, according to the UNLPD Daily Crime & Fire Log

Patrol Sgt. Margot Nason said marijuana is the drug the staff member is potentially using. She said the case remains open.

During the week of Feb. 2-8, non-reportable accidents and larcenies were the most frequent incidents with five reports each. Disturbances of the “other” category, not including wild parties and domestic disturbances, were reported four times. Alcohol-related crimes had three reports. 

On Sunday, UNLPD received a report of an assault occurring between a UNL student and a non-affiliate, according to the crime log. Nason said the two people involved were intoxicated. The student was cited and released for failure to comply, according to the crime log. Nason said the case is closed.

UNLPD received a report of a suspicious male following a UNL student on Tuesday, according to the crime log. The report was made four hours after the incident, and Nason said UNLPD couldn’t do much to find the suspicious individual because of the belated report and because no crime had been committed. The case has been closed. 

A UNL student reported on Thursday that a concerning statement was said to her before class at Howard L. Hawks Hall, according to the crime log. Nason said UNLPD does not believe there is any threat, but the case remains open. 

On Wednesday, a UNL student reported overhearing a concerning conversation at the Nebraska Union, according to the crime log. Nason said UNLPD contacted the people involved and found no crime, and the case has been closed.