Homecoming buzz surrounds the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus as students look forward to the 2019 Homecoming celebrations. The Daily Nebraskan asked students what their favorite part of Homecoming is and what events they’re looking forward to throughout the week.

Miles Piper, sophomore psychology major

miles piper

Sophomore psychology major Miles Piper is photographed in the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“The parade [last year] was really interesting. There’s a bunch of great floats and fraternities and organizations, and there was even a bunch of tractors going across town which is incredible. It’s kind of just a huge parade for the university.”

Dylan Lyness, fifth-year geography major

dylan lyness

Fifth year geography major Dylan Lyness is photographed in the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“Homecoming’s great. I love it. As a super senior here at UNL, I’ve been around five, maybe six, homecomings now, and every single homecoming has been great … We can avenge our Ohio State loss by blowing up Northwestern.”

Megan Capps, senior agricultural education major

Megan Capps

Senior agriculture education major Megan Capps is photographed in a hammock outside of the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“I think that Nebraska is a special place, like the energy here is always just really positive. I’m really excited for the game. Homecoming in general just has a really good feeling around it. It’s a good atmosphere here.”

Marina Jimenez, sophomore biochemistry major

Marina Jimenez

Sophomore biochemistry major Marina Jimenez is photographed outside the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“Probably the parade, like seeing all the different clubs and the Greeks and sororities around campus. I feel like it kind of gets all the students together at one place, and it celebrates school spirit.” 

Alese Sanders, senior forensic science major

Alese Sanders

Senior forensic chemistry major Alese Sanders is photographed outside of the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“I feel like homecoming is cool just in terms of this time of year. Like fall and the football season. I just like this time of year.” 

Ego Obiaka, junior management major

Ego Obiaka

Junior financial major Ego Obiaka is photographed outside the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“I like the homecoming parade. Just seeing all the different rafts and stuff from sororities. It’s probably the only parade I see here in Lincoln.” 

Khawlh Al Farsi, junior geology major

Khawla Al-Farsi

Junior geography major Khawlh Al Farsi is photographed outside the Nebraska Union on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

“Seeing these people coming from everywhere, every part of the world, to Nebraska, making the beautiful community diverse and very full of rich differences. I like how everybody’s proud of this place and how beautiful it is being all together.”