During the summer of 2020, Selleck Dining Center will be renovated into a food court style dining area. It will feature six different concepts, and some of the concepts will be open later than normal dining hall hours. The Daily Nebraskan asked students their opinions on the renovation.

Karsen Hunter, freshman nutritional science and dietetics major

Karsen Hunter Portrait

Karsen Hunter, freshman nutrition science and dietetics major.

“I like that, especially the later hours. I think that’d be a great thing, especially for people that get out of labs at later times, because I know on Wednesdays I have a lab at that gets done at 9:30 [p.m.], so it’s nice to get something to eat since I’ve been there for three hours.”

Felicity Sanchez, undeclared freshman 

Felicity Sanchez Portrait

Felicity Sanchez, undeclared freshman.

“I think that’s a good idea. It would probably make me go there more often instead of going out to eat.”

Emma Sidel, sophomore forensic science major

Emma Sidel Portrait

Emma Sidel, sophomore forensic science major.

“It’ll be a really big change, and I guess when I think about it I think of it as more of something that would be at the union, but I think it’s going to be really cool to be able to do all that.”

Wade Spiggle, sophomore agribusiness major

Wade Spiggle Portrait

Wade Spiggle, sophomore agribusiness major.

“It sounds like a good idea, and it would be nice if Selleck would be open later at night. It would be really nice.”

Samantha Wood, freshman pre-nursing major

Samantha Wood Portrait

Samantha Wood, freshman pre-nursing major.

“I think that’s a great idea. I kind of wish you could use your meal swipes at the union right now. I just hope that they still have a variety of, like, pizzas and different ethnic varieties and stuff like that.”