shark

Shark Tank is coming to Lincoln on April 5 and 6, looking for entrepreneurs to appear on its upcoming season.

The ABC business-themed reality show allows entrepreneurial experts to give advice to aspiring innovators and entrepreneurs.

The audition will require no applications and will be divided into two different days. The Rococo Theatre will host a showcase on April 5, and on April 6, Pinnacle Bank Arena will host the Shark Tank open casting call, which is a process that selects which businesses will participate in the TV show.

According to Brennan Costello, a chief business relations officer at the Engler Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program, Shark Tank decided to look for entrepreneurs in Nebraska for the 11th season because the state has been growing and has great small businesses.

The Engler Program is hosting the Shark Tank event, which means they will work with Shark Tank casting members to help plan and assist during the event.

Costello said participants can sign up online and get details about the event on the Heartland Shark Tank website.

Participants will have a minute to present their business in front of the producers. Then they will answer questions and wait to find out if they made it to the next round.

During the open casting call, the event will offer a free speaker series and office hours for all the participants. 

Hanna Esch, a University of Nebraska-Lincoln senior animal science major, is a student in the Engler Program and said the program wants Midwesterners to have their chance at impressing the judges. 

Esch will pitch Oak Barn Beef, which is her business that produces handcrafted beef at her family farm. 

She said she is excited to be behind the scenes of Shark Tank. Whether the producers select her pitch or not, she’s glad the Midwest is getting its turn.

“I believe some of the best entrepreneurs come out of the Midwest, so I hope they come out this weekend to pitch their businesses,” she said.

Costello said everyone is welcome to join the event, whether they make saddles or work in a tech company.

”As long you have the prototype of the business, come to join us,” he said.