n-housingfair

Editor’s note: The Daily Nebraskan’s editor-in-chief Karissa Schmidt and general manager Allen Vaughan had no part in the reporting, writing or editing of this story.

With on and off-campus housing contracts available for the 2020-21 school year, The Daily Nebraskan Media Group aims to help students find the right fit by showcasing the options available to them. 

The DNMG will host the 2019 Fall Student Housing Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16, on the Nebraska Union greenspace. 

The event will feature more than 10 vendors — mostly off-campus student housing options, according to a press release. 

Many students have already signed leases for next school year, and it’s best to start early, Karin Ellefson, DNMG’s marketing coordinator, said.

“For students who aren’t sure what the options are for off-campus housing, this is a great event to see what is out there,” Ellefson said in a message. 

Emerson Belitz, the DNMG’s marketing and events manager, lives off campus and said she knows how difficult finding the right place can be. She said she hopes the event will aid students in the process. 

The Daily Nebraskan will also be at the event to hand out copies of its October housing magazine, Belitz said. 

Along with students’ stories about on and off-campus living experiences and statistics comparing housing options, the magazine includes advertisements from several off-campus housing options. 

Along with the fair, the magazine can also be a resource for students considering housing options, Belitz said. 

“I think [the magazine] will really encourage students to go out and talk to the clients who are in this and who are talked about because it will just give them a better idea of what’s offered,” she said.